Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mom's Here

hey,

So the mother has arrived. She has been here for almost 5 days now and its good to have her around. Her and Nathans mom are both big talkers so they were talking non stop the first few days in Dijon. I finished my last day of school and met her at the train station. The first 2 days we spent in and around Dijon. Went to see castles and had big French dinners. It was interesting, some of the things I didnt really want to do but because mom was here I decided that I better do them anyways. Ended up not going so badly. Saw some pretty amazing castles and a bit of the countryside. France is a nice country. Im sure mom will have lots more to write than me but thats to be expected. I am pretty excited about comming home next weekend, its been a long trip so it will be nice to get back.

We are in Paris now. Have been here for 2 days now, its so nice. We got our appartment yesterday morning and I was very impressed, its in a really nice area with lots of shops and stuff. Its quite modern and even has TV! havent had TV for 2 months so its excellent, the only channels in english are the nexs channels though. We are on the very top^floor and if you look out the window you can see the Eiffel Tower and Sacre Coeur. Yesterday was a big time walking day, i cant believe I did it. We walked for like 2 hours to get to the Eiffel Tower, probably longer because Mom stopped everywhere and told me the history of everything. All of Paris is so old and nice that there is things to see anywhere you go so it took us forever just to get to the one place we had planned to go. So after all that walking to the tower, you'd think that we would take the elevator up, right? Wrong, we walked up the stairs to the second floor where we cant walk up anymore, im sure that if we could have walked up to the top we would have. The Eiffel Tower is so cool, its got so much interesting stuff to read and see on it, I was happy. At the top is was so scary because i dont like heights and the tower sways a little bit in the wind. It ended up being all good though. We thought about taking the bikes that you can rent back to the appartment but ended up just walking. On the way back we went to the Arc De Triumph and climbed up to the top. I never knew that there was an inside of the arc until yesterday. It was so cool to be inside and see how they made it and stuff and then to go on top it was neat to look down on everything. Walked back from there stopping to take pictures every 10 or so steps. I forgot to bring my camera battery charger so my camera has only a quarter battery laft so mom wasnt too happy. She ended up just going and buying a brand new camera today because she couldnt buy just another battery. Now we both have our own cameras.

Today we went to a couple churches that I didnt find very interesting, I just sorta sat in a seat and soaked in all the beauty. Mom wasnt too pleased with me. Oh well, theres some things that I like and some that I dont. I was excited to go see the Catacombs because I thought that would be cool. We had a long walk to get there and on the way we passed the university and stuff. The university looks really old and intense. We ate at a French restaraunt so I ordered random stuff that looked good. I ended up getting stuff that I had already tried and didnt like, so I traded with mom because she got some good stuff. Once we got to the Catacombs we realized that we were too late because the line was really long and we got there an hour before the last people get let in. We stayed in line just in case and almost got to the front then it closed. We will have to go back some other time. We just took the metro home because we didnt feel like walking all that way back. The metro system is so cool, it goes like everywhere and you dont have to wait long for a train. Oh, on the way back we stopped and went to Luxembourg Gardens, they are huge and were actually pretty cool. By that time i was pretty tired though and my feet hurt so I wasnt very interested. After that we just came home so now I got some internet hours from an internet cafe across the street from our hotel so thats where im writing from. I think by the end of the week me legs are going to be so stiff from all this walking. not looking forward to it.

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff. Glad to hear that your enjoying your Paris tour. Take lots of pictures.
    Love you both
    Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't that just the greatest Logan? You are so lucky to see all that stuff and to have a MOM who is so interested and gets you involved. Not everyone has a MOM like yours. Hey, will Mom's new camera work in Canada with our system? Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont know if it will work, hopefully it will

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Logan, I love, I miss you, have fun. Eden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you and your mom are having a great time, Logan. I am sooo jealous of you both. What a cool mom you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Logan, I looked for you on facebook but you weren't on - probably walking, eh? I posted a message for you letting you know that the Bee flying thing that Nathan brought Teagan broke - any chance of finding another? Grandma

    ReplyDelete